function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
astroastro 

apex web service question

Hi sfdc community,

I am new to web services and have been working with salesforce for about 4 months now so I hope you take that into consideration while you read my question :)

I have several web-services to create for an integration piece on a project I am working on.  As I have been reading, I found apex can easily create web-services from an apex-class by generating a wsdl for that class.

My question is, in my web-service I have defined an Object made up of arguments I expect to recieve from the other side of the integration.  So they will be calling my web-service and instantiating the object i defined in my web-service and then calling a method I made which takes that object as an input.  So do I create the logic for that newly recieved object in this web-service class? for some reason that does not seem right because then it would be captured in the 'generated' wsdl.

All they would need is object definition and method to call and that is that, they do not need the logic correct?

I can post the apex-class here if needed but it's fairly straight-forward, I just need to undersatnd how the procedure works, do i just give them the wsdl before I create the logic for the class so they have the method name and object definition or do they need the entire class itself?

thank you in advance for any help 

Pault.ax256Pault.ax256

Hi there,

I hope I fully understand what you are asking.  If you look at the 'AccountPlan' example half way down here (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Apex_Web_Services_and_Callouts) you can see an example of a class definition that is to be used in the webservice call as a parameter (what you want I think!).

Hope this helps !