function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jonathanrico.jonathanrico. 

Error: Exceeded max size limit of 100000

Hello everyone,

I'm currently getting this error when opening a VF page that makes use of webservice callouts.. however... I don't what's the problem.. I think this is not a Max Callout Size issue, otherwise I'll get " Exceeded max size limit of 100000 with response size XXXX" and i'm just getting "Exceeded max size limit of 100000". Any idea of what this means?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Found the actual fix for this, it's a small modification to the Google Data API Toolkit. Just wanted to share the fix here before someone else bumps into this.

The class SpreadSheet service has a GetSpreadSheetById method that brings ALL of the available spreadsheets and then iterates over the feed to get the element that has the desired id. This is wrong because we have a limitation with the response and besides google provides with a call that returns only the details of a spreadsheet with a specific  id.. So I changed the method from this:

public xmldom.Element getSpreadsheetById(string id) {

GoogleData entryList = getFeed(SPR_SHEET_LIST_URL);
for(xmldom.Element entry:entryList.entries){
String idVal = entry.getElementByTagName('id').nodeValue;

if(entry.getElementByTagName('id').nodeValue.indexOf(id) > -1){
return entry;
}

}

return null;
}

to this:

//THIS FIRST LINE HAS THE FIX
GoogleData entryList = getFeed(SPR_SHEET_LIST_URL+'/'+id);

return entry;
}

}

return null;
}

Thanks to everyone, hope this saves some time to anyone using the Google Data API Toolkit

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 07-10-2009 01:04 PM

All Answers

mikefmikef

so there is a limit on the WSDL parser of 100,000 characters. I wonder if you didn't get the error when creating your Apex WSDL and are getting it when you use it.

Please post the steps to repo this.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply, I'm trying to use Google API to read a spreadsheet, and I was using it yesterday without any problems.. I started to get this error today.. also.. the same code gives no problem in sandbox.. (loading the exact same data from a google spreadsheet) this is only happening in my production environment... any ideas?

wesnoltewesnolte

Hey

There's some useful information in this post http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&message.id=8154

Cheers,

Wes 

Found the answer to the problem, google was responding with a feed of avaiable spreadsheets, and the list kept growing as we created new ones, until it reached the 100,000 character limit.

Thanks to everyone

Found the actual fix for this, it's a small modification to the Google Data API Toolkit. Just wanted to share the fix here before someone else bumps into this.

The class SpreadSheet service has a GetSpreadSheetById method that brings ALL of the available spreadsheets and then iterates over the feed to get the element that has the desired id. This is wrong because we have a limitation with the response and besides google provides with a call that returns only the details of a spreadsheet with a specific  id.. So I changed the method from this:

GoogleData entryList = getFeed(SPR_SHEET_LIST_URL);

return entry;
}

}

return null;
}

to this:

//THIS FIRST LINE HAS THE FIX
GoogleData entryList = getFeed(SPR_SHEET_LIST_URL+'/'+id);

return entry;
}

}

return null;
}

Thanks to everyone, hope this saves some time to anyone using the Google Data API Toolkit

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 07-10-2009 01:04 PM
This was selected as the best answer