function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion

How to import .text file to salesforce?"

Pl's can you explain "how to import .text file to salesforce?". I think we can use Apex code. but i haven't clear idea. pl's help me.

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jrotensteinjrotenstein
That all depends -- What do you want to do with the "file" once it is loaded? Should it be used to load some data into objects, or do you just want to store a text file for use as an email attachment?

All Answers

jrotensteinjrotenstein
That all depends -- What do you want to do with the "file" once it is loaded? Should it be used to load some data into objects, or do you just want to store a text file for use as an email attachment?
This was selected as the best answer
jrotensteinjrotenstein

jrotenstein wrote:
I want text file data import to salesforce object. I want simly start. My text file it has first name, last name and phone number user datas. That data I want to import to my salesforce object. Pl's help me.

Okay, it sounds like your requirements are:

• You have an object in Salesforce (either a standard object or a Custom Object)
  • You want to import data into that object

If your text file is in CSV format, you import it via Setup / Data Management. You have the option to load data into a Contact record or into a Custom Object.

For more complex loads, there is also the Data Loader which can be run as a batch.