function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RejonesRejones 

Contract Notification Formula

I need help creating a formula and also if anyone is holding a training or webinar on building formulas I would love to attend as I am terriable at it.

I have a Picklist Field called Notifications Days and a Date field called Contract End Date.  I also have another field called Notification Date I want to build a formula that would auto populate the Notification Date based on what is entered in the other 2 fields.

For Instance if I have 3/20/2012 in the Contract End Date and I have Selected 20 Days from the Picklist in Notification Days I want the Notification date field to auto populate +10 days.   So in this instance the date would auto populate to 2/20/2012.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

Are you trying to create a Formula(Date) field or update a Date field using a Workflow Rule and a Formula?

All Answers

Are you trying to create a Formula(Date) field or update a Date field using a Workflow Rule and a Formula?

This was selected as the best answer
RejonesRejones

Update a Date Field using a workflow

Hi ReJones, 

Do you still need help with that WFR?

RejonesRejones

Yes please

Okay there are a few ways you could do this:  

You could change the Notification Date from a Date field to a datatype = Formula(Date) field and then use a formula like this:

ContractEndDate - 
CASE(NotificationDays,
"10 days", 10,
"20 days", 20,
"30 days", 30,
0) 

or if you want to keep your Notification Date field as a datatype = Date you could create a WFR and a Field Update that essntially uses the same formula I posted to update the value in the field.

RejonesRejones

Thank you so much I will try this out.  Your the best!!

No problem, you owe me a beer!  

And if it works you owe me 2 beers!!!  ;-p

RejonesRejones

Either I am  not fully understanding what i need to do here or this does not work.  I would say its becasue i am not 100% sure what i am doing. 

Would it be a huge inconvenience for you to call me, so I can do a Join Me meeting and let you see my screen so I can show you what I am actually trying to do.   It could be that what i am wanting to do is not able to be done. 

If so my number is 502-420-6576 

Hi I'll try to call if I have a chance.  Our daughter is home from daycare with a cold, so I'm working from home today and my hands are kinda full!

RejonesRejones

I bet , I hope she feels better soon.  It does not have to be today I will be in the office all next week except for Wednesday.  Thank you

She's watching Nemo now ;-D