function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tsreenu92tsreenu92 

workflow rule

I am trying to create a workflow rule with 3 objects.for example I have 3 objects,they are Customer,CustomerInfo,SurveyResponse.Customer is a parent,In Customer object I have 3 fields,are AccountNumber,Description and MRR,and in CustomerInfo I have 2 fields(Description and MRRMonthly),and I have 1 field(NPSScore) in SurveyResponse...Now I am trying to give a workflow rule for email alert when the condition is satisfied. condition is

IF(SurveyResponse__c.NPSScore__c<=5&&CustomerInfo__c.MRRMonthly__c<=1000)

Note:we should not have a relationship b/w CustomerInfo and SurveyResponse

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

you are working on different Objects, hence it’s not possible to use workflow on different objects based condition rule. For this you have to write the trigger.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

Cross-object workflow is coming in Spring '12.  It is not natively possible now without resorting to an APEX solution.

-Andy

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

This is not possible to write this of Workflow rule at this time (Winter '12), But from Spring '12 onwards Salesforce allow us to wirte Cross Object Workflows.

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_spring12_release_notes.pdf  ---- Page No # 134

Thanks,

Sridhar Bonagiri