function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bmontgomeryenbalabmontgomeryenbala 

Stage Change Date field

Our inside sales group is compnesated on their opportunities that make it to a the second stage (Stage B for us).  Therefore I need to run a report at the end of each month displaying which opportunities have moved to Stage B during that month.

I need a field to caputre "Stage Change Date" or something along those lines.  How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for all of your great suggestions.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RecondoRecondo

That's correct, the last modified date will show the date of any modification. For your purposes, I would recommend setting the field to "Track History". Then you can create and run an opportunity field history report to begin tracking the changes.

All Answers

Steve :-/Steve :-/

You could do this using an Opportunity History Report.  Another option would be to use Field History Tracking, but I'd go with the first route.

bmontgomeryenbalabmontgomeryenbala

In a stage history report, will the Last Modified field show the date in which any modifications to the opportuntiy are made?  I only need to see when a stage has been moved in a given month.

RecondoRecondo

That's correct, the last modified date will show the date of any modification. For your purposes, I would recommend setting the field to "Track History". Then you can create and run an opportunity field history report to begin tracking the changes.

This was selected as the best answer