function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SvenBeSvenBe 

Help text to Standard fields

I know we can only add help text to custom fields. But, I would like to add it to Standardfields as well.. Anyone who knows a work around ?

Why ? I would like to include the message to i.e.

Account Name   Help text "Always enter the correct legal name, as Account Name is written on address-labels, and in personal letters".

Annual Revenue Help text "Always enter Accounts revenue from last year, as this affects our pricing. Please refer to n.n. in order to find the figures"

and so on...

Regards from a snowy Stockholm...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rpr2rpr2
Here's a workaround:  You can create a custom field to hold the help text.  Make it a text field and enter your help info as the default value.  Then put it on the page layout right next to the standard field.  Not consistent with how help for the custom fields work, but it's one way to get the info on the screen for the users.
Message Edited by rpr2 on 02-17-2009 12:31 AM

All Answers

JakesterJakester
I would like the ability to do this, too, but you just can't right now.
rpr2rpr2
Here's a workaround:  You can create a custom field to hold the help text.  Make it a text field and enter your help info as the default value.  Then put it on the page layout right next to the standard field.  Not consistent with how help for the custom fields work, but it's one way to get the info on the screen for the users.
Message Edited by rpr2 on 02-17-2009 12:31 AM
This was selected as the best answer