function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KavitaKavita 

Help with Date formula (based on stage change date)

I have a checkbox field called Reached VP that is checked everytime an opportunity reaches stage "Value Proposition".

I have a date field where I would like to record when the above field is checked.

How do I write this formula?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/
Assuming that you already have your VP Checkbox Field already set up your VP Date formula would be:

IF(VP_Checkbox = FALSE, NULL, TODAY())

or if it is a Date/Time field

IF(VP_Checkbox = FALSE, NULL, NOW())

All Answers

Assuming that you already have your VP Checkbox Field already set up your VP Date formula would be:

IF(VP_Checkbox = FALSE, NULL, TODAY())

or if it is a Date/Time field

IF(VP_Checkbox = FALSE, NULL, NOW())

This was selected as the best answer
DBADBA
Wouldn't the TODAY() date change each day if you used that formula? Just curious. I'm searching for a solution to calculating Stage Duration, and ran across this thread.

Good catch!  (it's my first day with the new brain) 

PS.   You're gonna have to throw an ISCHANGED evaluation on the VP_Checkbox field 

PPS.  On second thought a Field Update is probably the way to go instead of a straight Formula Field.

Message Edited by Stevemo on 03-11-2009 02:41 PM
KavitaKavita

I created a workflow update with this formula but as Dennis pointed out, it changes with the day.

IF( Reached_Stage_VP__c = FALSE, NULL, TODAY())

The only stage of interest is Value Prop and I need to lock down the date it first reaches value proposition.

Even if the opp stage is changed to Value prop multiple times, I'm still only intrested in the  first time.

Is the answer an "Is changed" formula? Please help-Im hopeless with formulas:(