function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
brkandivybrkandivy 

Formula Field and Multi-Select Picklist fields

I have a multi-select picklist on the Account Object.  We want to see(reference) that field on the Opportunity object. 

Is there a workaround to do this since the multi-select can't be used in a formula field?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sean C.ax1056Sean C.ax1056

Hi brkandivy

Only slightly different to Navatars solution. Just recently had to do this myself:

IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 1"), "Pick List Value 1; ","")
&
IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 2"), "Pick List Value 2; ", "")
&
IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 3"), "Pick List Value 3; ", "")
&
IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 4"), "Pick List Value 4; ", "")

Just copy and repeat for each pick list value.

The field will display the info the exact same way as the multi-picklist field. Only difference is that a semi-colon (;) will show at the end of the last value in formula text field. I can live with that :-)

Hope this helps. Sean

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can create a formula field in opportunity object with following formula:

IF(INCLUDES( Account.t_new__Reference__c , "A"), "A" + BR() , NULL) +

IF(INCLUDES( Account.t_new__Reference__c , "B"), "B" + BR() , NULL) +

IF(INCLUDES( Account.t_new__Reference__c , "C"), "C" + BR() , NULL) +

IF(INCLUDES( Account.t_new__Reference__c , "D"), "D" + BR() , NULL) +

IF(INCLUDES( Account.t_new__Reference__c , "E"), "E" + BR() , NULL) +

IF(INCLUDES( Account.t_new__Reference__c , "F"), "F", NULL)

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Sean C.ax1056Sean C.ax1056

Hi brkandivy

Only slightly different to Navatars solution. Just recently had to do this myself:

IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 1"), "Pick List Value 1; ","")
&
IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 2"), "Pick List Value 2; ", "")
&
IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 3"), "Pick List Value 3; ", "")
&
IF( INCLUDES(Multi_Picklist_field_name__c , "Pick List Value 4"), "Pick List Value 4; ", "")

Just copy and repeat for each pick list value.

The field will display the info the exact same way as the multi-picklist field. Only difference is that a semi-colon (;) will show at the end of the last value in formula text field. I can live with that :-)

Hope this helps. Sean

This was selected as the best answer
brkandivybrkandivy

This worked pefectly.  Thanks...you saved me hours!!

@taani.ax1426@taani.ax1426

This formula is not working for me..any idea?:(

brkandivybrkandivy

Hi,  I'd be happy to help.  Show me the formula that you have.

Thanks

brentdowney.ax1325brentdowney.ax1325

I am using this formula as well and I have tried a few iterations, but it is not displaying any values in my newly created formula field. I tried editing the record that houses the data, and the record that is receiving the data via the formula and again nothing. I get no syntax error, just a blank field value. Any suggestions: Here is the formula:

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Hydraulics"), "Hydraulics; ","") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Industrial Hose"), "Industrial Hose; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Engine Hose"), "Engine Hose; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "FP Equipment Design & Build"), "FP Equipment Design & Build; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Hose & Belt Management"), "Hose & Belt Management; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Hydraulic System Refurbishment"), "Hydraulic System Refurbishment; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Hydraulic Tubing / Piping"), "Hydraulic Tubing / Piping; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Kits"), "Kits; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Metal Drive Components"), "Metal Drive Components; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Non-Gates Products"), "Non-Gates Products; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Power Transmission Services"), "Power Transmission Services; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "PT Tools and Services"), "PT Tools and Services; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Synchronous Belts"), "Synchronous Belts; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "V-Belts"), "V-Belts; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "V-Ribbed Belts"), "V-Ribbed Belts; ", "") 

IF( INCLUDES(X8D__r.Case.Product_Group__c , "Water Pumps"), "Water Pumps; ", "")

tmanutmanu
this is only for multi picklist not for picklist
Dimitri Van LooyDimitri Van Looy
Functionality severely missed!
Please vote (https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A0000003QxjQAE)
Raja JammulaRaja Jammula
Hi, i have a scenario where i have a button where i am doing URL hacking and populating the values from one object to another object on click of  a button.

The problem here is the button is called from two places. There is a field 'Product_Type__c ' which is a single picklist field and populates the value to the field-'product' on the destination. but on second place where we are calling the button the field is multi-select picklist field - 'Product_Categories__c ' and the destination field is same field - 'product'. when i am calling this it won't take the value from both the places.

so i thought of creating a formula field to populate the values and then use this formula field in URL hack of the button. but i am getting an error when trying to do it. the formula i am using:

IF( ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Multi-Product')  , TEXT(Product_Categories__c ) ,  Product_Type__c )

as multiselect can't use text 

can anyone help me
sailaja guntupallisailaja guntupalli
HI, I know its little old post though but looking forward to get help on my formula.
i am trying to acheive the multi pick list selected values to be shown using the below:
IF(INCLUDES( MultiPicklist__c , "A"), "A" + BR() , NULL) &
IF(INCLUDES( MultiPicklist__c , "B), "B" + BR() , NULL) &
IF(INCLUDES( MultiPicklist__c , "C), "C" , NULL)
but its showing the single value though if i select A, B - its returning only A.(i tried using & / + symbol)