function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlexPHPAlexPHP 

Invalid api version: 18.0

I developed some classes and triggers in my sandbox, the default API version is the latest 18.0

When I try to deploy these to my Proudction instance, it is telling me "Invalid api version: 18.0"

Why is that?  Is version 18.0 not available on my Production instance?  How can I tell if it is, and if so, how can I fix this?

Much thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mtbclimbermtbclimber

If your production organization is on na1, na6 or na7 then you should be able to deploy/set API version 18. If not then you are still on the Winter '10 release (look in the address bar of your browser the subdomain of salesforce.com represents the instance you are on, i.e. na1.salesforce.com).

The schedule for  upgrades is here

I believe you have to ask to have your accounts' sandboxes upgraded early. If your sandbox is on cs1 then it is still on Winter '10.

All Answers

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)
 Version 18 is the Spring '10 release which has been delayed. Your sandbox has it but your production instance does not. It looks like they are going to roll it out on 3/5 and 3/6.
mtbclimbermtbclimber

If your production organization is on na1, na6 or na7 then you should be able to deploy/set API version 18. If not then you are still on the Winter '10 release (look in the address bar of your browser the subdomain of salesforce.com represents the instance you are on, i.e. na1.salesforce.com).

The schedule for  upgrades is here

I believe you have to ask to have your accounts' sandboxes upgraded early. If your sandbox is on cs1 then it is still on Winter '10.

This was selected as the best answer
AlexPHPAlexPHP
Ah, that explains it!  I will push my code under 17.0 until then.  Thank you guys!