function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
steven75steven75 

Task and Event - assign to a queue

Hi,

I am new to salesforce.  I have few questions regarding to add new Task and Event.

Basically, I am looking for an option to create task or event and assign it to a queue (not to individual).   I also would like to capture the Start and End time, and currently Task does not have Start/End time option. 

I know that Task has assign to "Multiple Users", which I can assign specific role, but it will show up in everyone screen if they have a same role.   Also Event does not have this option.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to insert two more fields (Start Time and End Time) in Task, so I can capture the time?

2. Is there a way to assign task to a queue?

3. Or is there a way to assign Event to a queue?

Thanks in advance,

wchristnywchristny

You can add custom fields for the Start and End times by clicking Setup > Customize > Activities > Activity Custom Fields.  Any custom fields you create there would be available for both Tasks and Events.

You cannot assign Tasks/Events to a queue.  Only to a user.  I assume you're looking to assign a task to a group where only one member of that group needs to take ownership of the task and complete it.  My company came up with a workaround process that simulates the queue concept for Tasks.

We created a custom Activity checkbox field called "Assign to Admin Group".  We made everyone understand that when "Assign to Admin Group" is checked, it means the task is in the Admin Queue.  Our Admins would run a Salesforce report that lists only those tasks with "Assign to Admin Group" checked.  This gives us the tasks waiting in the queue.  The next available Admin would run the report and take ownership of the next task on the list.

steven75steven75

Thank you wchristny,

It is really helpful.

Sridhar Sai Goud 6Sridhar Sai Goud 6
Hi Steven,

Regarding adding a Task for a Queue instead of one User, currently Salesforce does not have such functionality. However this feature would be in the future. Here is an Idea for your reference.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BrY3AAK