function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MukulMukul 

How to prefill a custom object?

Hi all,

I have a problem where i am trying to prefill a custom object whenever the Edit Button is clicked.

Here is my Controller Code. I am instantiating object in the constructor class. I pass the ID of the object through the URL:

public class newScoreRuleController { // Declarations public List<ScoringRule__c> ScoringRule { get; private set;} public List<MappingRule__c> mappingRule {get; private set;}public newScoreRuleController () { // Give me blank lines of my Object String op = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('op'); ScoringRule = new List<ScoringRule__c>(); for (integer i = 0; i < 8; i++) { ScoringRule.add( new ScoringRule__c() ); } if (op!='edit') { MappingRule = new List<MappingRule__c>(); for (integer i = 0; i < 4; i++) { MappingRule.add( new MappingRule__c() ); } } else {// Edit Operation chosen .. So prefill it MappingRule = new List<MappingRule__c>(); MappingRule.add([Select rating__c, ScoreVal2__c, ScoreVal1__c, ScoreOperator2__c, ScoreOperator1__c, RuleSetId__c, Mapping_Field__c From mappingRule__c n where RuleSetId__c =: getRuleSetId()]); //MappingRule = mp; }}

// Get me the Rule Set ID

public String getRuleSetId() {

String ruleId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

return ruleId;

} 

}

Here is my Visualforce Code:

<apex:dataTable value="{!mappingRule}" var="mr"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Score</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="Score"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Operator</apex:facet> <apex:inputField value="{!mr.ScoreOperator1__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Score Value 1</apex:facet> <apex:inputText value="{!mr.ScoreVal1__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Operator</apex:facet> <apex:inputField value="{!mr.ScoreOperator2__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Score Value 2</apex:facet> <apex:inputText value="{!mr.ScoreVal2__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Rating</apex:facet> <apex:inputField value="{!mr.rating__c}"/> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable>

However it doesnt prefill the Object.  It doesnt complain either. So i really dont know whats happening?

Any help is appreciated!!! 

Regards

Mukul 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MukulMukul

Ok! So i was able to fix it. It seems like the Constructor was not calling the Set Method.

I created seperate get and set methods and it worked!

Regards

Mukul

All Answers

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Hi Mukul,

Is it possible that the query [Select rating__c, ScoreVal2__c, ScoreVal1__c, ScoreOperator2__c, ScoreOperator1__c, RuleSetId__c, Mapping_Field__c From mappingRule__c n where RuleSetId__c =: getRuleSetId()] isn't returning any rows?

- A J

MukulMukul

Hi successforce,

Thanks for replying.

It returns rows. I have tried printing it out to the debug log. 

Regards

Mukul

MukulMukul

Anyone can help me on this issue??

Its very urgent.

Please help me!! 

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Hi there,

You could try a couple of things to debug the problem. Remove the 'private' access modifier for the setter methods. 

Place the code in  newScoreRuleController () method in a try - catch block and see if it throws an exception.

Add a system.debug method in the else block to display the contents of MappingRule variable.

Let me know the outcome of these steps.

-A J

MukulMukul

Hi successforce,

I removed the private from the Set Method. I have tried putting debug statements but it seems to return the right thing in the debug log. However it doesnt prefill the object in the VF Page. :-(

Here is my modified code:

public List<MappingRule__c> mappingRule {get; set;}

// Constructor Method
public newScoreRuleController () {
// Give me blank lines of my Object
try {
String op = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('op');
if (op!='edit') {
MappingRule = new List<MappingRule__c>();
for (integer i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
MappingRule.add( new MappingRule__c() );
System.debug('HERE');
}
}
else {

// Prefill it

MappingRule = [select rating__c, ScoreVal2__c, ScoreVal1__c,
ScoreOperator2__c, ScoreOperator1__c, RuleSetId__c,
Mapping_Field__c From mappingRule__c n where RuleSetId__c =: getRuleSetId()];

System.debug('mapping rile: '+ MappingRule);
// for (MappingRule__c m : MappingRule) {
// System.debug('Score val1: ' + m.ScoreVal1__c);
// }
}
} catch (Exception ex) {
System.debug(ex.getMessage());
ApexPages.AddMessage(new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'Query Error: ' + ex.getMessage()));
// return null;
}

}

It still doesnt work. :-(

Message Edited by Mukul on 08-06-2009 09:35 AM
MukulMukul

Ok! So i was able to fix it. It seems like the Constructor was not calling the Set Method.

I created seperate get and set methods and it worked!

Regards

Mukul

This was selected as the best answer
Ron HessRon Hess

Nice work!

it's a bit strange that you had to do it that way, but if it works go with it.