function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jlimjlim 

Precision in calculation of sales price, list price and discount

Hi,

Can someone explain how to solve this? On the opportunity line item level, there are 2 standard fields called "List Price" and "Sales Price" defined as Currency(16,2). We have a custom field called Discount__c defined as Percent(12,6).

We have a trigger that will calculate Sales Price or Discount depending on which is changed. The following example shows the results obtained on the sandbox environment.

List Price = 4.75

Discount = 50%

results in Sales Price of 2.38 (Displayed) or 2.375 (stored)

List Price = 4.75

Sales Price = 2.375 (entered)

upon saving,

Sales Price = 2.38 (displayed and stored) and Discount = 49.894737%

My question is, if Sales Price is already defined as 16,2 why is the value stored with 3 decimal (2.375)? Ideally we'll need 3 or more precision.

Thank you.

EDIT:

This is really weird and causing our trigger to not work as expected. In our trigger, we compare the old Sales Price and Discount in a loop and depending on what changed, we calculate either new Sales Price or Discount.

The IF statement:

>> if(Trigger.oldMap.get(oli.id).UnitPrice != oli.UnitPrice && Trigger.oldMap.get(oli.id).Discount__c == oli.Discount__c) {

What happens is if I change the Sales Price (Unit Price) once, then it calculates a new discount. Now, if I change the Sales Price again without changing the discount values, it thinks the discount is not the same this time around and goes to another loop that calculates Sales Price. I printed out the old and new values the second time and I'm seeing 14 number precision on the old discount as opposed to the set 6 precision.

An example of a calculate discount is below:

>> 57.89473684210527    57.894737

The weirdest part is if I enter 2 then 3 the second time for sales price, I'm seeing 2 and 3 when I print out the variables on another dummy field. But the actual Sales Price field is still showing 2 in the GUI.

What's going on??

Message Edited by jlim on 08-06-2009 03:19 PM
jlimjlim
Anyone?
goabhigogoabhigo

Ohh come on EXPERTS.. Give us a solution!!!!!!!

Till i read this post i thought its a bug in SF. In my case I am not using trigger(its PE). But even i want the discount to be changed when SalesPrice is changed. I am sure many of you have come across this... Please do suggest..