function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KACCENTKACCENT 

How to caluclate days since last activity on lead?

Hello!  Since SF insn't very good at exception reporting, I am trying to come up with a way to find out which leads the sales team has not followed up with.

I'm trying to create a custom formula field that will look at the last activity date to see whether it is the same as the created date - if it is, I can assume the lead hasn't been followed up with.  I keep getting an error when I try this formula:

IF( DATEVALUE( CreatedDate)  =  LastActivityDate, FALSE, TRUE)

I don't think I am using the correct function - can someone please help?

Thank you!!!! 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JakesterJakester

It depends on how often you'll run it, but one idea that comes to mind is just make a Tabular report on Leads, and the only criteria is Last Activity not equals Last 1 days and then make the date picker in the upper-right filter on Created Date and set it to Yesterday.

Untested, but I think that would work - you might have to tweak the "not equals" and "last 1 days" part a bit to get it just how you want, but you could schedule this to go out daily to the manager of the leads, too!

All Answers

JakesterJakester

I would think a report would be the way to go here, but to get a formula to show up on the Lead screen, then you'll want to use logic like so:

If( day(createddate) == day(lastactivitydate) && month(createddate) == month(lastactivitydate) && year(createddate) == year(lastactivitydate),"No follow-up","Lead's been contacted")

You could get fancy and replace the text results with some little images or something, too.

KACCENTKACCENT
Thanks Jakester!  If I wanted to create a report instead, how would I structure it?  I just want to know which leads the sales team is not following up with.....
JakesterJakester

It depends on how often you'll run it, but one idea that comes to mind is just make a Tabular report on Leads, and the only criteria is Last Activity not equals Last 1 days and then make the date picker in the upper-right filter on Created Date and set it to Yesterday.

Untested, but I think that would work - you might have to tweak the "not equals" and "last 1 days" part a bit to get it just how you want, but you could schedule this to go out daily to the manager of the leads, too!

This was selected as the best answer
KACCENTKACCENT
Perfect -  thank you very much for your assistance!
JakesterJakester
Cool! Glad to be of assistance.