function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SpunkySpunky 

Completely Lost

I have Salesforce EE and I am not a programmer but am stuck with a project that requires this knowledge so i would appreciate any help at all. 

I have a trigger to that actions opportunities based on record type and I need to edit this trigger to exclude a record type.  

I downloaded eclipse and can access my developer and production orgs BUT I still have absolutely no idea on how to deploy the edited trigger to my production environment even after drowning in websites and pages of Force.com manuals. 

Help-I feel like Alice in blunderland.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MSVRadMSVRad

This is how you would deploy from the force.com IDE.

If you have not installed the Force.com IDE yet here is a link for instructions: Force.com IDE

First make sure your test class for the trigger covers all test cases or at least 70% of the code. Then to deploy your code you:

1. Right click on the project that you want to deploy (you should have made changes in your sandbox right click that project) 

2. Click on "Force.com"

3. Then click on"Deploy to Server"

4. Then you will need to enter your password and possibly security token for your Production org where you are deploying to.

5. Now can choose a location to store your destination archive - its like backup code. You dont have to do this but it is recommended.

6. Now a deployment payload will be generated. From here I would "Deselect All" then pick the items you want to deploy to production. In your case the trigger you wrote and if you altered the test class that would need to be deployed as well.

7. You can click on the "Validate Deployment" button to make sure everything works as it is intended if it does not you will get a popup of problems/errors. If all goes well then you can click Next and your code will deploy to your production environment. A popup window will show the code successfully deployed and you can click finish.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by MSVRad on 11-16-2009 01:08 PM

All Answers

MSVRadMSVRad

This is how you would deploy from the force.com IDE.

If you have not installed the Force.com IDE yet here is a link for instructions: Force.com IDE

First make sure your test class for the trigger covers all test cases or at least 70% of the code. Then to deploy your code you:

1. Right click on the project that you want to deploy (you should have made changes in your sandbox right click that project) 

2. Click on "Force.com"

3. Then click on"Deploy to Server"

4. Then you will need to enter your password and possibly security token for your Production org where you are deploying to.

5. Now can choose a location to store your destination archive - its like backup code. You dont have to do this but it is recommended.

6. Now a deployment payload will be generated. From here I would "Deselect All" then pick the items you want to deploy to production. In your case the trigger you wrote and if you altered the test class that would need to be deployed as well.

7. You can click on the "Validate Deployment" button to make sure everything works as it is intended if it does not you will get a popup of problems/errors. If all goes well then you can click Next and your code will deploy to your production environment. A popup window will show the code successfully deployed and you can click finish.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by MSVRad on 11-16-2009 01:08 PM
This was selected as the best answer
aalbertaalbert

You need to edit the trigger code in a Sandbox environment, then deploy the code back to Production.

Do you have a Sandbox? If so, using the Force.com IDE, create a Force.com project connecting to the Sandbox environment, modify what you need to modify, and deploy to Production (again, using the IDE).

Jim BoudreauxJim Boudreaux
Don't forget to cover at least 75% of your code with test methods. Good luck with that, HAHAHA!!