function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anu_karthianu_karthi 

Dont want to display Record name as filed in object

Hi Everybody,

i had created objects in salesforce.while creating the objects defaultly Record Name,Owner,CreatedBy fields are created.Record Name was created at the time of creating object.i dont want to display these defult fields in Edit mode or New mode.I was able to delete Owner,CreatedBy fields in PageLayOut of that particular object.These two fileds have the two options delete,properties.So i was able to delete these two records.

Where as RecordName is having only one option i.e properties.So i am unable to delete these filed.

Plz tell me the solution.

Thanks in advance,

Anu...
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
gm_sfdc_powerdegm_sfdc_powerde
Name is a required field and cannot be removed from page layouts.  If you want the  name to be auto-generated, change its type to "auto number" type

All Answers

gm_sfdc_powerdegm_sfdc_powerde
Name is a required field and cannot be removed from page layouts.  If you want the  name to be auto-generated, change its type to "auto number" type
This was selected as the best answer
ZetaZeta

Record Name is a required field for all custom objects, and this field can
never be empty.

If you want to remove this field from the New/Edit this field has to be autogenerated.

You may go to "Edit Custom Object", "Standard Fields" and select EDIT on "YourObject" Name  (the record field), set "Data Type" as "Auto Number" and write the Display Format as you want.

From now on, this field will be autogenerated, so you don't need to provide it.
Now, you can choose to remove this field from the page layout, but will be still showed for old objects.