function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richie DRichie D 

Posting in binary data

Hi,

I'm posting into a VisualForce Page a form which contains binary data. I am looking through the parameters returned and have seen these values:

RemoteFile:/home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1981773126.tmp RemoteFile.content-type:application/octet-stream RemoteFile.file:/home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1981773126.tmp RemoteFile.filename:7463.jpg

Does anybody know what the entries for RemoteFile and RemoteFile.file mean? (filename is the name of the file I posted.)

Has anybody tried to access these values before? I have tried to use the URL by copying and pasting into my browser but get the url no longer exists message.

Is there a way to directly access the request object then posted the data to the page?

Thanks for any help.

R.

dke01dke01

Did you ever end up solving this?

I want to upload a file using a pure HTML form not Visual force but instead of gettign the file data as a Blob I just get a reference to the file as:

/home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1433903752.tmp   is there any API call we can use to convert that into an blob or attachment

gliustonecobragliustonecobra

Guys, check this out. I doubt there's a way to get that blob, currently:

http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2011/09/using-binary-data-with-rest.html

Search for ' /home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/'