function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sbangasbanga 

NonProfit Starter Pack - error (npe01), contacts & organizations

Hello,

I am installing the new starter pack onto an existing nonprofit edition with old template. The application does not have any data and has not been used. While installing Contacts & Organizations (version 0.7.9.5), I get the following error, does anyone know why this is happening? I have checked and there are no rules, or logic that I can find that may cause this. Also, they have the Individual bucket account that came with the older nonprofit edition. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Problem: individualaccounts.updateIndividualAccountAddress_Test() Component: Apex Classes(01p400000000Jhb) 

Detail: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object
(npe01)

Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Hi sbanga,
Just realized the date of the question. however I would like to answer it just in case any other find it useful
At that time when a package was installing we were able to select as an option in the UI at the moment of installation if we would like to run or not the unit test. 
Now, that option is disapear and the people that creates the package have this responsability. 
In order to run the unit test or no during installation process we need to use this anotation: IsTest(OnInstall=true)
For mor info here it is the link: https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_classes_annotation_isTest.htm

Regards,
Carolina.