function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TeddyAbleTeddyAble 

Hide Salesforce Activity History Button

Hello 

I will like to know how to hide "Log a Call" Button in Activities History from other users of Salesforce users. 

Please this is urgent

I have tried going to the user profile setting but couldnt find any useful tool that will enable me to accomplish this.

Regards,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
matermortsmatermorts

It's a page layout setting. Go in to edit your layout, click on Related Lists, click on the little wrench icon for the Activity History related list, click on the section for Buttons, uncheck Log a Call.

If you need to hide the button only for some users, just create different page layouts, and assign to the different profiles accordingly. So maybe your sales users can see the Log a Call button, on their page layout, but your marketing users can't see it, because you create a different page layout for their profile.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

I think it is not possible. If you hide this button from any profile then this button will be hide from all the profiles.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

matermortsmatermorts

It's a page layout setting. Go in to edit your layout, click on Related Lists, click on the little wrench icon for the Activity History related list, click on the section for Buttons, uncheck Log a Call.

If you need to hide the button only for some users, just create different page layouts, and assign to the different profiles accordingly. So maybe your sales users can see the Log a Call button, on their page layout, but your marketing users can't see it, because you create a different page layout for their profile.

This was selected as the best answer
TeddyAbleTeddyAble

Thank you Matemorts

You my friend is a genuis :D so simple yet so difficult to find 

Regards,

Nishant NasaNishant Nasa
Hello

When am removing the "Log a Call" button from the Activity History related list in Case Page Layout, then the Activity History related list is also removed from user's view. It is strange because if "Log a Call" button is present, the related list is visible to user in case page layout. The user is a partner user accessing Cases through Communities.

Can anybody help out in understanding this strange behavior? I need to remove the "log a call" button from Activity History related list in Case PAge Layouts. 
Nishant NasaNishant Nasa
Oopss...Sorry, I just observed that Activity history related list is visible (in page layout as intended) if a record is present in that related list. There were no closed tasks before, so the Activity History related list was invisible after removing "Log a Call" button.