function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iamLaseriamLaser 

Formula Field and Workflow Assistance

Hi,

I will greatly appreciate if you can help me with the challenges below.  SFDC Support people cannot provide assistance with formulae through basic support.

Case 1:

I would like to create a functioning workflow rule on a custom object where it will be activated when the related contact role ( a custom field ) is either one of the two options and if the "Contract Ext for New Physician Months" ( another custom field ) is not equal to zero. I created the formula below:

and(or(ISPICKVAL(Contact__r.Role__c, "Add-on Physician"), ISPICKVAL(Contact__r.Role__c,"Income Stabilization Physician")), NOT(ispickval( Contract_Ext_for_new_Physician_months__c , "0")))

The formula above is linked to a workflow action where a user will be notified by email. I checked the formula syntax and it's OK but for some reason, the email notification never gets activated.

Case 2:

I would like to create a new field with a formula data type where it will count the number of related contacts with a particular title. For example, in the Account page I have five contacts and three of them have the title "Lead Physician". I would like to have a field that it will automatically count the total number of contacts that have that title which is 3. 

Thank you in advance!

Kristoffer

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/kristoffermoraleja

TechTrackerTechTracker

#1: Probably there is a mistake in the formula you have written. Try to keep one condition and remove all other, and then try to execute. You will know whether the criteria that you have is correct or not. Replace NOT with ! and try.

#2: Use Roll-up summary to get the count.