function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gopikrishnagopikrishna 

Validation issue.

Hi all,

I have 3 users, one user create records, after created press done button, this record sent to 2 user. If 1st user click done button, the 1st need not edit this record and 2nd and 3rd user modify this records.

I am create purchaseorder object and in that puchase order have related list is purchase order line items.

when 1st user click done button, 1st user need not modify and create new line items and 2nd 3rd user modify . if 2nd user click reject button 1st user need modify permission.

i am crating 2 check boxes for done button and reject button.

my validation  

And( IF( $Profile.Name =="Office User", True,False), (AND( IF( officeuserdone__c ==True ,True,False), (OR ( ISCHANGED( Orderd_Date__c), 
ISCHANGED( Order_Type__c ), 
ISCHANGED( No_of_line_items_No_of_products_order__c ) , ISCHANGED( Accept_Price__c ) , ISCHANGED( select_order__c ), ISCHANGED( Sales_Order__c ) , ISCHANGED( Status__c ),ISCHANGED( totalprice_c) )))))

this validation rule work fine only purchase order but when edit purchase order line item not working.

Thanks 

Gopi

PatrickSheilPatrickSheil
I am having a bit of trouble making out the use case, but it sounds like you might be able to use a standard approval process.  Is there a reason you're not taking that approach?