function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TychoTycho 

Insufficient Privileges?

Hello All,

I am new to the Force/SF/VF development platforms and I am having an issue while trying to create a custum object.

Basically, the app is a time keeper, where the User enters the number of hours worked each week. 

My "Week" custom object has fields for each day of the week (i.e. "Monday_Hours","Tuesday_Hours",etc) and the Date of the Sunday of that week, which is selected from a picklist. I am creating a vf page where the top portion of the page is an input form, while the bottom shows all the weeks that have been entered for that user. I wrote a custom extension which calls all the Week__c objects whose user matches the current. I also wrote a method in this extension which "Saves and Refreshes" the page. Theory being that, after the user enters the data in the input form and clicks "Save" the pages refreshes with the recent input visible in the lower half of the page.

When I call my "Save and Refresh" method, I get an Insufficient Priveliges error. I don't think this has to do with User permissions, rather, I think that the input fields are causing disruption as the VF page works when I comment out the apex:inputField's

Has anyone run across an error similiar to this? Or am I missing some fundamental concept of the VF/SF development platform?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
phiberoptikphiberoptik

You probably want to move thise over to the Visualforce Development board. This is off topic for the Formulas and Validation Rules Discussion Board.

I wish I could help though but I am very rusty on VF development.

All Answers

phiberoptikphiberoptik

You probably want to move thise over to the Visualforce Development board. This is off topic for the Formulas and Validation Rules Discussion Board.

I wish I could help though but I am very rusty on VF development.

This was selected as the best answer
AshesAshes

Hi,

First of all just verify once access level of each field of Week__c object.

Verify it for admin profile.

Also check the Object level access for Sys Admin profile.

Check the Visualforce page access to Sys Admin and all profiles to which you have to display that VF page.

Regards,

ashes