function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
metaforcemetaforce 

URGENT | Insufficient privileges through Partner Portal login after deploying managed package

We deployed managed beta package on our sandbox environment and since then we haven't been able to access a VF page which displays Account details on a tabbed layout. This custom VF page access refers to default related lists as well as other custom VF pages. It throws an "Insufficient Privileges" error.

On sandbox after deployment, we can access this page internally as admin profile user, but the partner portal user with Gold Partner Usr profile sees this error. Noticed an odd thing that on the Gold Partner Profile Edit page, no class deployed in the managed package is visible in the "Enabled Apex Class Access" section, is this the expected behavior? Can I assume that the partner user profile will have access to these classes? Is it because of the missing classes here or some other reason?

Need an immediate help here. Any pointer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Message Edited by metaforce on 06-05-2009 10:13 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
metaforcemetaforce

The issue got resolved with Salesforce's offline advice. For other forum user's benefit, here's what we missd out during the entire process; we did not "deploy" the package after installing it on sandbox.

This is what the documentation (https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/distribution_deploying_packages.htm) says:

"However, custom objects are hidden and workflow rules are inactive until you deploy them. Deploy an installed custom object and activate any workflow rule after making the necessary customizations for your organization."

Thanks for all the support.

Best

metaforce

All Answers

BritishBoyinDCBritishBoyinDC
Are you able to access the security settings for the page/class? If so, check to see that the profile has access, and if not, add them and test it - maybe the package needs to deploy updated profiles as well?
metaforcemetaforce

Thanks for the response. I can access security settings of VF pages, but not classes that have come along with the managed package. I have confirmed that Gold Partner Profile has access to all the VF pages, but deployed classes do not show the "Security" option against them. Is this normal or have I missed something during packaging and/or deployment? Please note that I chose the option "Grant access to all users"when installing the package.

Secondly, when you say "package needs to deploy updated profiles as well", how to achieve that? I noticed that the profiles did get included in the package on dev org, but they did not get deployed on sandbox. Is it because I chose the option "Grant access to all users" and not "Select security settings"? Is there any other permission required after choosing "Grant access to all users"?

BritishBoyinDCBritishBoyinDC

I don't have much experience with packaging, so I assume you don't get to see the security for a class when its packaged.

If you granted access to all users, the profiles shouldn't be an issue, but I would compare them to see if there are othre related things missing, such as access to related objects reference by the class etc that somehow didn't get updated.

metaforcemetaforce

I took a screenshot of my Partner User Profile in the edit mode. I have assigned maximum permissions as you can see in the attached screenshot:

Partner User Profile Settings

I noticed an odd thing, when I turn off the Account detail view override and use the native view, then the screen comes up, but not in case of custom detail view page. Does it indicate than am missing permission on a related object? But I guess I have covered everything as is evident in the screenshot?

aalbertaalbert

I recommend enabling Debug Logs for the partner portal test user. Then login as the partner portal user, run your test scenario by loading the Account-related VF page which will throw the error message. Then, go back and check the Debug Logs to see if any additional output is generated. I also recommend making sure you have proper System.debug messages in the apex controller for the VF page.

metaforcemetaforce

The issue got resolved with Salesforce's offline advice. For other forum user's benefit, here's what we missd out during the entire process; we did not "deploy" the package after installing it on sandbox.

This is what the documentation (https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/distribution_deploying_packages.htm) says:

"However, custom objects are hidden and workflow rules are inactive until you deploy them. Deploy an installed custom object and activate any workflow rule after making the necessary customizations for your organization."

Thanks for all the support.

Best

metaforce

This was selected as the best answer