function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdrielleSFDCAdrielleSFDC 

Custom formula field needed!

Hello, 

I tried to posting this on the answer board, and I also contacted support (but basic support does not help with building fomulas).

I need to create a custom field on the invoice itself to determine the number of days past due for any invoice that has an open balance. Then bucket by that field. Please see the sketch (link) to see what I'm trying to capture in a dashboard:

http://http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/AdrielleSFDC/Capture.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

"Remember that basic support gives support to the formulas already created but not handle the creation of new ones due to the fact that we do not know how they work in Salesforce environment, so for that most of time we recommend to our customers to visit developer.force.com so they can post the idea of the formula they want and most of the time other developers and system admin can give them some ideas how to create them."

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NehaVNehaV

hai,,,

as per my understanding of your problem,

Create a startdate field(Date type),

No.of days open( Number type),

Due Date( Formula type) on your invoice record.

now when you select Start date & No.of days,the due date will get updated automatically excluding weekends(sat & Sun Day).,,so, now you can Capture this on your dashboard i guess.

Good luck.

All Answers

NehaVNehaV

hai,,,

as per my understanding of your problem,

Create a startdate field(Date type),

No.of days open( Number type),

Due Date( Formula type) on your invoice record.

now when you select Start date & No.of days,the due date will get updated automatically excluding weekends(sat & Sun Day).,,so, now you can Capture this on your dashboard i guess.

Good luck.

This was selected as the best answer
AdrielleSFDCAdrielleSFDC

Ok, now I have the recipe, but I do not understand some of the directions from the developer post:

Why would you exclude weekends? Can anyone here break down these directions in detail? 

Thanks!