function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PhryPhry 

Setting Salesforce ID format for dataloader

Hello,

I am trying to fix an issue with a  trigger not working to update our account data on our salesforce org. We use the dataloader to upsert a .csv that is output from our local database to the cloud each night, which then using a trigger + apex class updates all the accounts on the cloud. However it has stopped updating the accounts. The data loader is still uploading the account data to the cloud. Looking over logs i found that the ID numbers have changed to a different format between the time the updates were working properly to now. When the updates were working properly the success log from the data loader had ID number such as the following 001C000000u35HpIAI, 001C000000u35HqIAI. The numbering for these same accounts now looks like a0LC000000WTDY8MAP, a0LC000000WTDY9MAP in the dataloader. I'm looking for a way to get the numbers back to what they were when the trigger was working. The .CSV file that has the customer data had no ID field. I'm not exactly sure where the ID numbers are being generated from or how to them to change, any help would be appreciated.  Mike

phiberoptikphiberoptik

Not sure this was posted in the correct board, which is probably why you arent getting responses. You should really log a case with Support and get straight-from-the-horses-mouth truth on this change you are experiencing.