function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDCneophyteSFDCneophyte 

Formula for two check boxes

I'm trying to write a formula for two check boxes. One is being populated by Jagsaw Data.com clean that automatically gets checked when an Account Contact or Lead is graveyard. I've created a seperate field for called Lead Inactive that I want to automaticaly update when graveyward check box is updated.

VALUE( jigsaw_clean__Graveyard__c ) 

Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'VALUE()'. Expected Text, received Boolean

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
@anilbathula@@anilbathula@

Hi,

You cant able to use value function  for boolean values.

try this if u want the check box value in the formula field.

IF( jigsaw_clean__Graveyard__c,"True","False")

All Answers

Hi,

You cant able to use value function  for boolean values.

try this if u want the check box value in the formula field.

IF( jigsaw_clean__Graveyard__c,"True","False")

This was selected as the best answer
SFDCneophyteSFDCneophyte

Hi 

Thanks, that actually worked but caused my "graveyard" check box to disapear from the layout page.... Any suggestions?

-KG

Hi

Click->Setup->Appsetup->Customize->your object(Account,Contact or lead)->PageLayout->Edit page layout->in quick find->type the name of the field->drag and drop in the page layout ->save .

Simple way:- in which object u have this field  view any record from that object  and on the top right corner u can find edit page layout link click it and in quick find search for that field and drag and drog it into  the page layout and save the layout.

Thats it...

SFDCneophyteSFDCneophyte

Thank you, i was logged in our generic admin account which for did not show it in the lay out. Once I logged into my regular Admin account all was well.

Thank you