function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
scottyscotty 

Hyperlink filed to create a task

I am trying to develop a hyperlink field that will create a task from a custom object related list. After many attempts, this one partially works. My custom object contains many fields, but most importantly the lookups of Account and Contact. I can get the account to populate, but I cannot get the contact to populate. Here is my formula. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

HYPERLINK("/00T/e?retURL=%2F Id %2Fo1N%2Fhome.jsp&&RecordType=01260000000Dos3&ent=Task&what_id="&Account__r.Id &"&who_id=&Contact__r.Id ","Log a Call")

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
scottyscotty

This is the formula that works as desired.

HYPERLINK('/00T/e?what_id='& Account__r.Id & ' &who_id='& Contact__r.Id &' &retURL=%2F' & Account__r.Id & ' &RecordType=01260000000Dos3'&'&tsk12=Completed&', IMAGE('/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000TbKx', 'Custom'))

All Answers

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Please go through below URL for more reference.

http://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/customize_functions_a_h.htm#HYPERLINK

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

scottyscotty

While I appreciate the assistance, this does not resolve the issue.  I started with this formula and have added the required field "Contact" to it and can not get it t work,  Thanks for the response.

scottyscotty

This is the formula that works as desired.

HYPERLINK('/00T/e?what_id='& Account__r.Id & ' &who_id='& Contact__r.Id &' &retURL=%2F' & Account__r.Id & ' &RecordType=01260000000Dos3'&'&tsk12=Completed&', IMAGE('/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000TbKx', 'Custom'))

This was selected as the best answer