function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GarySecor1GarySecor1 

formula field with nested If to get multi-pick list values -just getting one ??

I have child object to leads called lead details.(leadco).  Working with PE edition with API enabled.

There is a multiple pick list field with multiple choices selected on the child object Leadco.

In order to be able to merge information from this pick list into Email template ( mass email from leads tab) - I need to get the pick list values over to the lead object using a formula

I have a working  formula that will bring over one pick list value -- but I need to bring over all pick list values to a formula field on leads for the email merge to work..  How do I get more than one pick list value to come over to this leads field ?

If(INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,"JAVA"),"JAVA ",
IF(INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,".Net"),".Net ", NULL))

both .net and java are picked in the multi-pick list - but I only get "java" in my formula field on leads??

Have tried various AND and OR but keep getting syntax errors

I have about 35 values in the multi-pick list - any or mulitple can be selected and I would want to have the formula on the leads field bring each one over to the formula field in leads.

thanks in advance for assistance

Steve :-/Steve :-/

It's gonna be a real PITA to do with nested IF's, you might be btter off using a series of Closed IF's and + operators. 

IF(AND(
INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,"JAVA"),
INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,".Net")),"JAVA; .Net ",
IF(INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,"JAVA"), "JAVA", 
IF(INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,".Net"),".Net", NULL))) 

IF(INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,"JAVA", "JAVA"+"; ", NULL)+ 
IF(INCLUDES( LeadCo__r.Per_Position__c ,".Net"),".Net", NULL)

Julio DavilaJulio Davila
Excellent, even though it requires a lot of work, this approach was really helpful