function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sundar84sundar84 

Email alert sent to lead owner

Team,

I have created one custom object named "Research call" with lead and Account lookup,.  Once the research call  object created Email alert  need to send lead owner and Account owner.  I have created workflow it works for account. but lead owner filed couldn't listed when i am trying to  send an email alert to lead owner.  Please suggest me how to resolve this  issue?

Thanks

Sundar

prakash_sfdcprakash_sfdc
Hi,

If it is not listed in the list, you can create a email field in Research call and use a field update or trigger to update its value with lead owner's email and use that email field in email alert.
phiberoptikphiberoptik

Just to verify, do you not see "Related Lead or Contact Owner" as an available recipient?

sundar84sundar84

Realated Lead owner couldn't listed in the available recipient when trying to send an email alert.  Is it possible to cover this in configuration? 

Thanks

phiberoptikphiberoptik

I have created a custom object with a lookup relationship to Leads and another object. When I create an email alert, Related Lead or Contact Owner is available. I am not sure why it wouldnt be for you.

Unfortunately, in order to get the Lead Owner's details onto your custom object, it would involve a trigger, as workflow rules and formula fields will not provide this.