function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WrogWrogWrogWrog 

Something has changed in my Eclipse environment. Can any one explain what I've done wrong?

Until 2 weeks ago I was using Eclipse 3.3. I had a sandbox and a developer org, set up as two projects, and I was able to develop things on either of those, and deploy the changes to the live org. The one things I could no do was change the live org directly - not a problem - I subscribe to the idea of proving in the sandbox forst, then deploying.

Unfortunately, I've had to change PCs. I now have Vista (grrr) and as Eclipse 3.4 is now supported, I've installed that. I've then tried to connect with my 3 orgs. Bizarrely, I am completely unable to connect to the sandbox or developer orgs, but can connect to the Live org, AND MAKE DIRECT CHANGES. Seems dangerous to me. When was I given the power to do that?

I've tried over and over to connect to the sandbox, which is on server tapp0, and the dev org on server cs1 (neither is on the Test server). I've tried re-generating the tokens, I've tried messing with the SOAP endpoint, but all to no avail.

I have spent a lot of time looking through the plethora of documentation and forums about Force.com, the IDE and Eclipse, but cannot find a simple set of instructions on how to connect the IDE to your live environment, then set up your sandbox so that you can deploy from one to another. Can anyone give me these simple instructions? 

I would be more grateful than you can imagine! 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
WrogWrogWrogWrog

Update: I have now managed to get it all working again. How? I went through the entire process again, but at a new IP location (I'm on holiday). I put in the same token, the same user name, the same password etc, and this time it all worked fine.

Interestingly, the direct access to the live system (which I should never have had in the first place) has now STOPPED working. Shame - I was looking forward to showing Salesforce that I had done something they said was not possible, and opened up all sorts of risk.

Not a very reassuring experience.  

Now..... I wonder if it will all still work when I get back in the office......

All Answers

harryZharryZ

didn't add your Ip to trusted network?

or you can try add the security token info. while login.

WrogWrogWrogWrog

Update: I have now managed to get it all working again. How? I went through the entire process again, but at a new IP location (I'm on holiday). I put in the same token, the same user name, the same password etc, and this time it all worked fine.

Interestingly, the direct access to the live system (which I should never have had in the first place) has now STOPPED working. Shame - I was looking forward to showing Salesforce that I had done something they said was not possible, and opened up all sorts of risk.

Not a very reassuring experience.  

Now..... I wonder if it will all still work when I get back in the office......

This was selected as the best answer