function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BoopathyBoopathy 

Email Attachment size limit 3 mb

Hi All,

In our requirement we are emailing attachments using apex.  

I found that email attachment size is limited to 3mb, from the following link,

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_attachment.htm

. Kindly confirm this.

Are anyone of you able to send attachment more than 3 mb size? If so please post your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vishnu 

GauravKumarGauravKumar

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how can i increase Email attachment size limit.

I have create my own Send Email page using Visualforce page, then how can i increase email Attachment Size limit ?

Bulent703Bulent703

Hi, as far as I know, there is no way to increase this limit. 

We provide an AppExchange product that allows you to store and email files that are up to 2GB in size. These documents are stored securely in Amazon storage servers and your recipients  can directly download these attachments from Amazon using secured links.

Visit our AppExchange listing for further information. 

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000001SWUTEA4 

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

You can not send email attachments larger than 3MB, if they are larger we will convert them into links, and add the link to the email.

anchal.garg1.3952172775601035E12anchal.garg1.3952172775601035E12
Hi boopathy,

Yes there is a limit from salesforce side for sending large size attachement.You can overcome this limit by using 3rd party storage server for storing the file content as well as sending them over the email with large size attachment.
Cloud Drop is One such App that is some what following the same logic in order to store any number and size of files that can
be associated with any salesforce object with Rackspace server.It also allow user to send very large size file as email attachment to particular contact/lead record.
Please check the following link for more information:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0

Thanks

Anchal Garg
NeetikaNeetika
Hello,

I am facing same problem in my project,
I have one html email template and one visualforce email template.
When I am sending email using HTML Email template which has more than 3MB attachment is working properly sending those attahcment as a link.
But when more than 3MB attachements I am trying to send using visualforce email template it is not getting converted into html links instead giving error attachment limit exceeded.
Anyone know anything about this issue? Is it something like html links only get converted in HTML teamplates?

Thanks in advance,

Neetika
jaya sai prasadjaya sai prasad
Hi Boopathy,

I understand the pain you are going through with the email attachments size. You can actually leverage MassMailer DOCS that lets you send email attachments natively from Salesforce without having to hit the salesforce file size limits or email body limits.

You can learn more about MassMailer DOCs to at docs.massmailer.io

You can install the app from the AppExchange Listing