function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anuparoraanuparora 

Upserting data into PriceBookEntry table

We need to do a daily upsert of Pricing data from our quoting tool into the PriceBookEntry table in SFDC. Problem is that we cannot create a custom field in PriceBookEntry in SFDC, that can store the unique Pricing ID from the quoting tool, which can be used for the daily upsert process using Cast Iron. Also, we cannot get the PriceBookEntry IDs to be stored in a custom object, as you cannot write triggers on PriceBookEntry!

Has anyone encountered a similar scenario wherein there is a requirement for synchronizing the PriceBookEntry table between an external system and SFDC??

Nick34536345Nick34536345

Hi there,

yes indeed we're doing that with Cast Iron. We added our unique external key field on Product2. So we upsert on Product2 then just upsert on PriceBookEntry with an entry for each currency, for each product.

Nick

amitrajamitraj

I am also facing a problem while upserting in pricebookentry through cast iron.I have successfully upserted in product2 i got product2id and i have currencyisocode ,unitprice.how to upsert in pricebookentry if i dont have pricebookentryId.kindly tell me the step how u have implemented in castiron. 

allen.zhangyilunallen.zhangyilun

I have this problem too, actually not Cast Iron have this problem, all the solutions work with upsrt price book entry would occurr this.