function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoVillJoVill 

Governor limits again

Hi masters.

I ask tell me one thing.I'm working in then developer edition (Partner edition). I wrote on then Governor Limits

quote:

Limit                            Trigger       Anonymous Block, Visualforce Controller, or WSDL Method       Test

Total number of SOQL

queries issued               20                              1.00E+10                                                               100

Total number of DML

statements issued

(insert, update, upsert,

merge, delete, or database.

emptyRecycleBin)         20                              1.00E+10                                                               100

Why I receive message:Too many SOQL queries: 101

from VF page(apex controller). What I don't understand.

With best regards to all SF masters

Viller Josef

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

According to the Apex Developer's Guide, the maximum number of SOQL queries from a visualforce controller is 100, which matches what you are seeing.

Where did you find the governor limits you have shown in your post?

incuGuSincuGuS

JoVill,

The Error  "Too many SOQL queries: 101" happens when you do more than 100 soql queries in apex code. 

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_gov_limits.htm

In here you will find the documentation for this error, and many other governor limits.

Some tips:

1) Make sure you are not querying inside a loop, if you are then consider querying outside the loop and optimizing your code for that.

2) Try reducing the amount of queries, if you feel this is not your case, please post a copy of your code (simplified) so that i can help further.

Good luck,

Gaston.