function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
symantecAPsymantecAP 

Web Service Development

Hi All

I need to develop a web service  which takes the input from middleware and expose the output.

Case: Five different inputs are coming from middle ware which will call me class and make a record. The record gives an "code" as output which is sent back to the middleware.

Looking for a class for this scenario.

Kindly help 

telbyte10telbyte10

Hi,

You can generate apex code for webservice. for webservices you should have .wsdl file which contains all the information regading method and its parameters.

To create class in apex from WSDL go to setup->Develop->Apex Classes->Generate from WSDL

Regards,

Telbyte

symantecAPsymantecAP
Thanks for the reply. But my question is I have to write a class to get the data that makes a record and the record generates offer code and that code should be exposed.
SuperfellSuperfell

see http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&message.id=26538

Perhaps you should ask a more specific question and/or specify which part(s) in particular you are having problems with. 

Message Edited by SimonF on 03-18-2010 11:20 AM
Message Edited by SimonF on 03-18-2010 11:20 AM
symantecAPsymantecAP

I am sorry for not being specific. I have an Object called "CALL TO ACTION" and fields "CTA NAME", "REGION","SCOPE" and "Description". I have to expose this data as webservice.

Initially I will receive the data for these fields from middleware. My question is how should the middle ware send the data..can it be a XML String.(or how can salesforce accept the data from middleware) . 

Once the data is accepted the Call to Action Record should be created. Once the record is created it generates Call to Action Code.

I need to expose the code to the middleware.