function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AJFAJF 

Calculate time between case creation and autoresponse email being sent

I had a request to calculate the time between a web-to-case creating a case in Salesforce.com and an associated Auto-response rule firing.

I was able to create a report showing the cases created via web-to-case and the email being sent using a custom report type (Cases with or without Activities) but I can't calculate the time difference (in hours). While this will in almost all cases be instantaneous, we have to be able to calculate the time difference for SLA reporting and to see the delay if we meet out workflow notice hourly limit. Any ideas on how I can do this?

MarkSilberMarkSilber

Create new Date/Time field on the Case object, for example, AutoResponse Date/Time. You can then create a new workflow rule on the Email Message object that updates this field on the Case object with the Date/Time the email was sent. Use the workflow criteria to determine if the email was outbound and look for specific words in the subject that would indicate it's your auto-response email.

Once the data is collected, you can just use standard functionality / formula fields to display the difference in hours.