function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheLAMBGroupTheLAMBGroup 

How do I select-all by default on a Multi-Select picklist?

I have a multi-select picklist that needs all options selected by default at the point of contact creation. I can't seem to use workflow update to do this and on the fileds page, you can only choose one option as the default. I need them all selected or otherwise, we'll have to select 10 fields for every conatct we create. Please help, thanks.
JakesterJakester
This is a simple workaround, but what about changing the field description to essentially add "not" to it? For example, if the field was originally "Options desired by customer", you could change it to "Options not desired by customer" and then by having nothing checked, you're saying the customer wants it all.
BillAtParBillAtPar
Jakester, I need to do the same thing. Can you post the "simple workaround"?
JakesterJakester
I'm confused. I already did my the simple workaround. I said "this is a simple workaround," and then described the simple workaround, which was to rename the field.
BillAtParBillAtPar

I guess I misundstood you.

What I'm trying to do is have ALL items in a dependent picklist selected by default.

I know that the user can use a combination of CTRL + other keys to select all items, but we need all of the items to be selected by default without having to use the CTRL combo.

JakesterJakester
Yes, I'm not familiar with a way to do this. However, to workaround it, I suggested changing the name of the field. For example, instead of saying "Options customers wants" and defaulting to all selected, you can change it to say "Options customer doesn't want" and then, when none are selected, that means they want all options.
BillAtParBillAtPar

The problem is that we always want the user to actually select all items. We need the "selected" part of the picklist (the right hand box) to be populated.