function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrianWKBrianWK 

Eclipse Sandbox Project - Save now Only saves locally -- Manual Save to Server Works

Hey everyone.

I've been using Eclipse for a while. And until today, whenever I saved my code (ctrl-s) it would save both locally and to the Server. For some reason today, ctrl-s saves only locally. I thought maybe I had a connection issue, but I'm not working offline and doing a force.com - Save to Server works...

I'm simply perplexed. I don't think I changed anything. Does anyone know why my ctrl-s save is now only saving locally and not to Salesforce's server? Anyone know how to fix it so it does save?

Please note, I am saving to a Sandbox and not production. This is not a new project or a new eclipse. I've had this open for a couple of weeks. Some of my projects for months.

Your help is appreciated!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
boBNunnyboBNunny

I've had similar issues since the Winter '10 release and it's usually because your "Package.xml" has changed from your original metadata.  Something overwrote it to only include some items.

You can either create a new project and it will recreate the hives, or you can do Add/Remove MetaData and try to get it to apply all of the desired hives again.

All Answers

boBNunnyboBNunny

I've had similar issues since the Winter '10 release and it's usually because your "Package.xml" has changed from your original metadata.  Something overwrote it to only include some items.

You can either create a new project and it will recreate the hives, or you can do Add/Remove MetaData and try to get it to apply all of the desired hives again.

This was selected as the best answer
BrianWKBrianWK

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, I had to create a new project. Updating the metadata components didn't update whatever was missing. So I continued to have problems

But at least with the new project it's saving to the server! Hopefully it stays this way!

elpaso750elpaso750

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. At a certain point Eclipse just stopped saving to the server and forced me to do it manually.

I'm afraid creating a new project did not fix the issue.

Anyone did come across this issue ?

any hint ?

thanks

Alex

boBNunnyboBNunny

I resolved this by making a checkbox change in File/Preferences.  Sorry that I can't remember what I checked, but at least that gets you in the ballpark.