function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
akschampakschamp 

Controll extention tab overriding VF - not save value of new fields created on VF page

Hi, I have one custom tab named Add Questions in which i took following 3 fields

1. Date

2. Number

3. Picklist

Now I have created one VF page AddQextend in which i have used controller extrention for aobe mentioned custom tab, In this VF page I have added all three input fields(as above) of the custom tab + 1 textbox(created on VF page), So totally on VF page I have 4 fields.also for this page i wrote the Apex controller class.

I used standard commandbutton  with {!save} method to save the values of this VF page. 

Then I overrided the existing custom tab Add Questions by VF page AddQextend for (Edit, view)

then i selected my custom tab, and clicked new to add recod in custom tab (which is now overrided)

There are 4 fields (Date, Number, Picklist and Textbox) and save button, Then i Entered values and save the record, and when i try to view that record it shows the values in 3 (Date, Number, Picklist) fields, but shows Textbox field empty

Please can anyone help me  on this?

Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper

As, the 4th field is just on the VF page, you need to define a getter method for it in the controller.

You have to fetch the value from this getter, while saving the record. Essentially, you will have to create your own custom save method ;)

Cool_D