function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShamilShamil 

Outbound Email messages limit (sendEmail)

How many emails can the sendEmail  Apex method send out per day?

I went through the documentation, and here is what is says:

a. "All mass email and single email messages sent with the sendEmail method count against the daily mass mail limit of the sending organization."

b. "You can send mass email to a maximum of 1000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)."

Statement 'b', in my opinion means that you can send emails to maximum 1000 distinct email addresses per day, but it says nothing about the number of actual email messages being sent.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
You can send 1,000 emails per day for your org, that excludes emails send to Users (you have use the ID of the user for them to not count).

All Answers

greyhorsegreyhorse

Did you get any answer on this so far?

regards,

ShamilShamil

Nope, I didn't.

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
You can send 1,000 emails per day for your org, that excludes emails send to Users (you have use the ID of the user for them to not count).
This was selected as the best answer
chikpeachikpea

What is the workaround if we have to send emails more than 1000 per day? Do it externally!

Thanks

Bhaskar

ErikOSnet0ErikOSnet0
chikpea, did you figure out how to implement this workaround.  We need to do something because as fortune 500 company, it is not clear how you can have processes that involve updating our customers on a periodic basis with a hard set 1k daily limit.  At least give us rollover minutes!
o2bo2b
No workaround found, we are sending emails externally if it's more than 1000. Download the data from Salesforce and user other Mail server. You may try to negotiate with the AE to increase the limit, might be possible.
ErikOSnet0ErikOSnet0

Unfortunately, I don't think it is that simple.  We're using two features of SFDC to generate the email contents; a template that the business can change from month to month that is uses dynamically populated fields and a custom report that is a PDF attachment generated uniquely for each customer via a Visualforce page.

Obviously, there is a way to create all this via a Java based web application, but aren't we just creating our own inhouse CRM at that point?  

Our emails are pure customer communication on a monthly basis.  The real issue here is that SFDC doesn't scale for larger enterprises, because this isn't a show stopper for a company needing to communicate with under 1000 contacts.   

EyalEyal

Hello !!

Did you find a worker arount for this issue ?

Do you recommend any API vendor that I can use ?

Please help :)

Thanks a lot

Eyal