function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MikeyOMikeyO 

Adding a custom button/link to a campaign page

I am trying to figure out a way to embed a button/link on a campaign that allows me to see the status of the HTML email that I send to leads and prospects.

I currently have this custom button:

/camp/rptcmpgncalldown.jsp?scope=1&scopeid={!Campaign.Name}

The problem is that it takes me to the campaign report rather than the HTML email report where I can see who clicked open, last open, how many times open, opted out, etc.

How do I create a quick link on a campaign that associates the members who have received an HTML email so that I can see status?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
phiberoptikphiberoptik

No, you only create the report once, in Step 2.

If you create the button on the Campaign object (Step 3), you just click the button and it runs the report for you. No report building or modifying required. The button is basically doing the work for you, assuming that the Email Subject and Date Sent fields are entered on the Campaign.

All Answers

phiberoptikphiberoptik

HTML Email Status reports have very few fields that you can filter by, so you are limited in your options. This would be my suggestion:

1. Create a custom field on the Campaign object that records the Subject or Email Template Name of the email that was sent to the members. This is going to be your filter criteria for the report. For example I will call this Email_Subject__c.

2. Create a custom HTML Email Status report. Add a criteria field for "Subject equals _______" or instead "Email Template Name equals ___________". (Whichever you created in step 1)

3. Create a custom link or custom button on the Campaign object with the following URL:

/<REPORT ID>?pv0={!Campaign.Email_Subject__c}

NOTE: Replace <REPORT ID> with the actual URL ID for the HTML Email Status report. This is the 15 character number after https://naX.salesforce.com/

MikeyOMikeyO

Can you elaborate on step 1?

Do i just create a text field and insert the Email template name in that field?

phiberoptikphiberoptik

Yes, you got it.

Just create a new Text field. Then you will copy/paste the Subject or Email Template Name into it before or after sending the email. Then when you click the button, the report filter will dynamically pull the value from that field to do a search on and report the results.

Note: If you reuse templates or subject lines often, you may want to also create a date field on the Campaign object (I am calling this Date_Sent__c) to represent the date the email was sent for THAT campaign.

Then edit the report and add a second criteria field for "Date Sent equals _______".

Finally, change the button URL to:

/<REPORT ID>?pv0={!Campaign.Email_Subject__c}?pv1={!Date_Sent__c}

MikeyOMikeyO

So I will need to create the report every time correct?

Or is there a way to drop in the filter a "Email Template Name" = _______ (insert Email_Subject__c)

Thank you in advanced for all your help!

phiberoptikphiberoptik

No, you only create the report once, in Step 2.

If you create the button on the Campaign object (Step 3), you just click the button and it runs the report for you. No report building or modifying required. The button is basically doing the work for you, assuming that the Email Subject and Date Sent fields are entered on the Campaign.

This was selected as the best answer
MikeyOMikeyO

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm!

phiberoptikphiberoptik
Cheers! Glad to help.