function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDafSFDaf 

Create Workflow Rule pulling data from different Record Types

Hi

I have an issue I can't figure out and was hoping someone in the community can help out.

I am trying to create a wofkrlow rule at the account level that looks at the created date from record type A and two custom field values from record type B and for the workflow rule to trigger time based actions when these criteras are met. These two record types are associated via partners and I'm looking to base the time based action against when the record from Record Type A is created.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Please explain your query little bit more...

thanks

SFDafSFDaf

Sure and thanks.

At the account level I have two record types set up, Record Type A and B. They are both related to each other via Partners related lists.  In short many companies created with Record Type B can be associated to one company with Record Type A.

I would like to create a workflow rule that looks at the creation date of record from Record Type B and using custom fields from Record Type A. 

If a new company is created with Record Type B and associated to a company on Record Type A, plus( 'email opt out = no' and '# of Companies = 1'  pulled from the company of Record Type A) and after 7 days from the created date of the company with Record Type B, fire off an email alert.