function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
asadimasadim 

MAXIMUM DEBUG LOG SIZE REACHED

Can we get a proper log without any limitations? I have a batch that works fine when the record count is low but fails at high counts. In the latter case I cannot see what the error was because the debug log cuts off somewhere in the middle. Up until now I have been dealing with this just by making guesses and trial and error changes but I really don't think I should be doing that!! :)

Is it possible to see what the error was? Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rungerrunger

The next release will have a higher limit on the log size, and the ability to do better filtering so you don't have to log everything.

Not perfect, I know, but this is just a first step.  Look for some real attention to be paid to this area in the near future.

All Answers

rungerrunger

The next release will have a higher limit on the log size, and the ability to do better filtering so you don't have to log everything.

Not perfect, I know, but this is just a first step.  Look for some real attention to be paid to this area in the near future.

This was selected as the best answer
d3developerd3developer

I can't find any documentation that suggests that the debug log limit was increased.  Is this the case with the new System Log pilot in Summer '10? If so, how can I sign up?

iffuiffu

Hi There

I am also getting the same problem, Any luck?

Regards

rungerrunger

When I wrote that, the limit was 1M, and it's been 2M since the subsequent release.  Also, you can now tell the system log to only log in certain classes/triggers, which should help you prevent a lot of unneeded logging.

This is an area of continuing development.  There are more features on the way to make the system log more useful and easier to work with.

iffuiffu

Hey Guys,

I found the solution for this!

just try to add one more parametere in your system.debug() function as this way;

system.debug(logginglevel.WARN, 'YOUR VARIABLENAME' + variableName);

and if you are using Eclipse, in Anonymous Execution section, try to set the seekbar of LOG LEVEL on "WARN" status.

This way, you will get rid of the whole unwanted logs.

Cheers!

Please tick mark this as solution, if it resolves your query so other can benefit.

dipu2dipu2

There should be more controlls to get a complete debug log. 

I have a added a post in ideas.

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000gPYFAA2

Mohsin SayedMohsin Sayed
how do i find the amount of debug logs limit remaining for my account?