function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
glorgeglorge 

How to deploy Documents with Force.com IDE

Hello,

I'm currently attempting to create/deploy a new Home Page Component (and eventually a new Home Page Layout) via the Force.com IDE.  This home page will simply consist of a custom splash image that we will present to users logging into our Customer Portal.  

The steps I'm trying to perform are:

1) Create a new Document (image file) via the Force.com IDE

2) Reference that image file in a new Home Page Component

3) Reference that Home Page Component in a new Home Page Layout

However, I am stuck on step 1.  I can't figure out how to upload a new Document with the Force.com IDE.  

I did find this thread from 2008 which says "Documents are a bit esoteric in the Metadata API.  We will post a How To on developer.force.com early next week, plus we've got some exciting ideas planned for our next major release which will simplify this.  Stay tuned."  However, I was unable to find any How-Tos on the subject.  

Is it possible to upload a Document via the Force.com IDE?

If not - would it be possible to reference a Static Resource from a Home Page Component instead?  Or perhaps someone could recommend a better solution for automated deployment of Home Pages?

Thanks,

Greg 

KevlangdoKevlangdo
To add an image, you may need to add it manually directly in Salesforce and reference it in your code, or
maybe create a metadata file with your image assets included although the documentation doesn't speciofically mention this
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_homepagecomponent.htm
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_homepagelayouts.htm

if you simply trying to import into Eclipse:
Have you tried to right-click in the explorer to bring up the context menu and selet import
Select General
Select File System