function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDafSFDaf 

Help with field formula

Hi,

I was hoping someone can hlep me with this. Is there anyway I can replicate a field from a different record type from the accounts object?

Essentially, I have two record types at the account object with different page layouts for both. The two are associated at the partners section. Is there a way to replicate a field that's in one record type to another based on this association? 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

The problem is that within the same object you are making this replication as per the recordtype on another record type which is not possible Reason being each field will be available on each record, record type will only provide a different page layout to records.

My suggestion would be to create two objects Agency and Company. Create a cross object workflow on company object, where in the Evaluation criteria condition will be RecordType equals "ABC" then update the field by adding a formula which will have the value of the field to be duplicated from Agency.

All Answers

swatKatswatKat

Your problem is not clear. Every field will have the same value despite different record types.

SFDafSFDaf

The field I'm trying to replicate is based on which record it is associated to at the partner section. Yes you are right in that every field will have the same value, but I'm trying to pull specific value based on the association to each other.

Here's the scenario: There's 2 record types with different page layouts, Agency Record Type and Company Record type. The agency record type represent many companies and is associated at the partner section. I want to replicate a field from the Agency Page layout to the company page layout from the agency it is associated to. 

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

The problem is that within the same object you are making this replication as per the recordtype on another record type which is not possible Reason being each field will be available on each record, record type will only provide a different page layout to records.

My suggestion would be to create two objects Agency and Company. Create a cross object workflow on company object, where in the Evaluation criteria condition will be RecordType equals "ABC" then update the field by adding a formula which will have the value of the field to be duplicated from Agency.

This was selected as the best answer
SFDafSFDaf

Thanks! Works exactly as I needed it to.