function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OdomXOdomX 

Excel Formula "Rate" rebuild in Apex

Hi Guys,
I am trying to rebuild the Excel formula "Rate" definition see below, did someone already rebuild it in Apex, or can provide me some hints.

The goal is, to get the interest rate, based on the loan duration, monthly rate, and Loan amount.

Thanks a lot.

Sunny regards

RATE(nper, pmt, pv, [fv], [type], [guess])
Nper  Required. The total number of payment periods in an annuity.
Pmt  Required. The payment made each period and cannot change over the life of the annuity. Typically, pmt includes principal and interest but no other fees or taxes. If pmt is omitted, you must include the fv argument.
Pv  Required. The present value — the total amount that a series of future payments is worth now.
Fv  Optional. The future value, or a cash balance you want to attain after the last payment is made. If fv is omitted, it is assumed to be 0 (the future value of a loan, for example, is 0).
Type  Optional. The number 0 or 1 and indicates when payments are due.

Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
Hi, what fields do you have to work with in the formula? Do you already have fields for loan duration, present value, etc?
Madhu BollapragadaMadhu Bollapragada
Odomx,
Did you get any answer for this? I am planning to do the same. I am newbie.. I would appreciate any help that you can provide

Thanks

GuyClairboisGuyClairbois
I've documented my solution on Salesforce StackExchange: see here (https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/304457/rebuild-excel-formula-rate-in-apex/304458#304458)