function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mgonzalezbicmgonzalezbic 

Filter off related list

Hello SF,

I have a object called Employee, this Employee can have position and salaries (both related objects).

The hierarchy goes:

Employee Object

Position Object  (MD to Employee)

Salary Object (MD to Employee object via Position field, and MD to Employee object via Employee field)

Now when im looking at a Employee and click New Salary (related list), their Employee record is pulled into the Employee field. I have a filter on the Position field to pull in the position record as matched to the Employee.... But when I click the lookup, I get no results for the filter, when there is a position for that employee.

my filter criteria is:

Employee Position: Employee ID EQUALS Employee Salary: Employee ID   for the Employee Position field.

Does salesforce know when creating the record to use the value thats placed in the Employee field as a result of clicking the New Salary (in the related list)? If so, what could be wrong with my filter?

Thanks in advance.

--Matt

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

HI Matt,

When you say Salary Object (MD to Employee object via Position field)  I understand that it has a MD relationship between Position and Salary(on the Position field) and that Position is the master of Salary - not Employee..

So seems like Salary is the junction Object with two masters

I hope I understood it correctly, correct me if I am wrong so I can suggest accordingly..

mgonzalezbicmgonzalezbic
Actually the employee position only had a MD to employee object. The salary has a MD to both employee and employee position objects via two different fields....

So it goes

Employee
Has many positions (MD to employee)
Those positions can have many salaries. (MD to emp position and employee obj)

So when I go to add a salary record, it adds the employee name in the employee name field and I have a filter for position field (that ties to the employee position object)that should use the employee name that came over from the related employee record to get only the positions that employee might have (whether active or inactive since corrections to salary can be added).

Hope this helps.

--Matt
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Matt,

So I understand your requirement as:

When you try to add a Salary from an Employee detail page - the Employee name is auto populated with the name of employee on whose detail page you are creating the salary.

Simialrly - you want the Poistion lookup filter to show only the employee which are linked to this particuar employee and not others...

To get this working, please try the following lookup filter:

Employee Salary: Employee EQUALS Employee Position: Employee ID

Please try and let me know if this works..