function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MikethebearMikethebear 

Formula not working to map Multi-select picklist Account field to a field on the opportunity page

My Problem is as follows:

5 values on the multi-select picklist in the Account field "Use Cases"

Cloud Migration

Cloud Disaster Recovery

Cloud DevTest-DevOps

Cloud Bursting

Other

I want to map the values from this account field to the same titled field on the opportunity page.

I have played around with the "IF()" function and "INCLUDES()" function, but it does not seem to be working.

I have several errors that keep coming up, and although this might seem like a simple formula I think, I really just need to know how to make this work? Thank you anyone for your help!

ryanjuptonryanjupton
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do this with a formula. You'll most likely have to use a trigger. Can you post your existing formula you tried?
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

I take it from the account page they would be clicking on the New Opps button, hence why you want the value from the account flow to the Opp?

If the above is correct, I would suggest a custom URL button to create Opps from the account page.

Otherwise you might be able to create a cross object formula field so that once the account is selected on the Opp that it pulls that fields data, just not sure how it will display with a M picklist.