function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brittany AdkisonBrittany Adkison 

Account Field that will show the date the last task was completed for that account?

How do I create a custom Account Field that will show the date the last task (call from soft phone logged as a task) was completed for that account? Could I also customize to show the call result in addition to the date completed?

IspitaIspita
Do you want to record the date when Last call was logged against an Account.
I did something similar using a Trigger on task and populating a date field with the necessary data in the trigger.
goabhigogoabhigo

There is standard field which does this - LastActivityDate 

Use a formula field and in that use this field. LastActivityDate is not accessible in page layouts, hence this formula field.

Yes. That is exactly what I'm looking to do! How did you develope the trigger?

goabhigogoabhigo

ey its not a trigger, it's just a field of Formula type.

So I don't know how to develope the formula, but I'm looking to pull the following from Account Task in custom fields:

1st custom field: 

Task: Subject

2nd custom field:

Task: Call Result

But I need to filter the formula in both fields to include the text 'call' in the subject so it pulls only calls. Also want it to pull the last call - in which case it would need to filter through and pull the most recent task entry with 'call' in the subject.

I heard that this could only be accomplished if I hired a developer. Do you think I could write a formula to do so? In which case, I know how to make the custom field but no clue where to start in regards to the formula.