function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShadowSong14ShadowSong14 

Syntax Error

Hello,

I am trying to create a new report to determine the Age of a Task from the created date... I tried using this formula

Today() - CreatedDate

However, it tells me " Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field CreatedDate does not exist. Check spelling."

Why is this so? What should I do?

Thanks,

ShadowSong

AgiAgi

Hi,

You need to create this new formula field  - return type number  on the object in setup,

Today()-Datevalue(CreatedDate)

if you are using a custom report type, you need to add this field to the report type as well, and so after that this field would be available in your report, you only need to drag and drop.

in custom summary formulas you can only use numeric fields available in the report.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=building_custom_summary_formulas.htm&language=en_US

Mike KauravMike Kaurav

Hi

You have to do this with formula field, Create formula field , and choose return type as number in object. Then

formula is  "NOW()-CreatedDate"

add this field in to your report.

Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan

Hi,

Today() is meant for returning the datevalue alone, but created date will be a DateTime value.

So, you need to do is use the formula like this Today() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)

Hope so this helps you...!

Please give kudos by clicking on the star icon and mark this answer a Solution, if you found this answer as helpful.

Groundwire ConsultingGroundwire Consulting

Hi,

Create new formula field  - return type number  on the standard or custom object,

Today()-Datevalue(CreatedDate)

For  more detailed information look at the fallowing link

http://crmsuccess.blogs.com/files2/100_sample_formulas_v6.pdf

and if you have any more questions please feel to contact me on support@groundwireconsulting.com