function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tim__mTim__m 

System.assertEquals on SObjects

I'm trying to compare two SObjects (Accounts in this example) in a unit test using System.assertEquals, but the assertion fails every time. The SObjects have the same field values so it should come back true, right? Here is the assert exception:

FATAL_ERROR|System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Expected: Account:{NumberOfEmployees=10, Name=testAcc0, Description=Test Account, BillingCity=TestCity, BillingPostalCode=90210, BillingStreet=0 main st., Id=001A000000H632WIAR, AnnualRevenue=1000000.55, BillingState=TestState}, Actual: Account:{Name=testAcc0, NumberOfEmployees=10, Description=Test Account, BillingCity=TestCity, BillingPostalCode=90210, BillingStreet=0 main st., Id=001A000000H632WIAR, AnnualRevenue=1000000.55, BillingState=TestState}

The only thing I see is the order of the fields but that should not make a difference.

rungerrunger

Sounds like a bug.  If you can give me some isolated code that reproduces it, I can take a look.

A workaround in your case would be to assert that the IDs are the same, instead of the sobjects.

Rich